Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Buttonhole Gods were smiling.

I just love this pattern. Vogue 8654. Its hard to descibe how beautifully this jacket hangs on the shoulders and feels on the body. Its almost like a trapeze cut. I made the first one about a year and a half ago and I'm surprised I waited that long to revisit this pattern. Its easy and quick to make. Like all Vogue patterns described as "loose fitting" it has a ton of ease, so I cut a much smaller size than the chart would indicate, then did a FBA. Other than that, its right out of the envelope. You do have to be careful cutting this out because the 2 fronts and 2 front facings are 4 different pieces. Its pretty heavy home-dec cotton, maybe from Ikea.I made this whole jacket the other day when I was home sick and under the influence of cold medication. I had seen this detail on a vintage coat and decided it would look great on this coat. A two- button- bound- buttonhole thats-closed-in-the-middle. I am really happy how this little detail turned out.  





This is the first jacket I made with this pattern:
Its 100% silk I got from Fabric.com. I remember it took longer to lay it out and cut it than it did to sew it. Its cut entirely on the crosswise grain and there was nothing left over. Its got some wicked matching.
 I think there'll be a number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment