Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Goes out with a wimper

I'm one of those never say never people. I know dolman sleeves and I really shouldn't be friends, but I like to keep an open mind. I mean, this one even has bust darts!



And look at those darts on the back:  there's a horizontal fish-eye dart meeting a centered vertical dart. I have never seen anything like that before. I have a beautiful sheer piece of silk chiffon I thought would be suitable for this. I decided to make a muslin first out of the most fiddly, shifty fabric ever made. Obviously, there were issues with the hem. You know that old carpenter's adage: "I cut it off twice and its still too short"?, well I evened it up twice and its still crooked. 



I blame this failure completely on poor fabric and poorer fabric selection. I am going to take another stab at it, but not yet with my good chiffon!

No comments:

Post a Comment