Monday, December 10, 2012

Designer III challenge

This skirt was made for a challenge from the Designer III sewing group I belong to. The challenge was to create a color palette from a photo supplied by the "Challenger". The "Chalengees" could make anything we wanted. This is a basic pull on knit skirt in a grey ponte. I used the antique ruffler attachment from my old Singer machine to gather strips of the ponte. I added a narrow strip of black double knit to cover the gathered edges of the ruffles. Then I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine to sew down the black strips using cream, khaki and orange thread. Then the teal strip was added and sewed down with black.
I really, really like how this turned out.

We also had a gift exchange: we had to make something decorative and functional for the sewing room. I macramed this lanyard for a Clover thread cutter. I keep one tied to my ironing board for those pesky uncut threads that are always popping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment