Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The skirt version of Katherine Tilton's V8837




This skirt is the red headed stepchild to the Vogue 8837 pants. You can see my photos don't tell you anything more about this skirt than the photos on the pattern envelope!



I do like the skirt and will likely make it again. The fabic is a black and grey houndstooth knit. I had a yard and a half, but it was only 45 inches wide, and really couln't figure out what to do with it.  Turns out, It was exactly the right amout to make this skirt--after I shortened it 6 inches!
There are a some things I'll change next time:
I would eliminate the seam in the center front and center back lower panels.
I should have shortened the top yoke part, too
The pattern instructs you to clip the front skirt piece, which is totally unnecessary. The fronts are lapped and stiched over the backs.
Making it in a solid would show off the twin needle topstitching better.


No comments:

Post a Comment