Monday, February 11, 2013

OMG! Look at these pants!

I'm really happy with them. Its the Vogue 1294 pattern again, but this time I was completely fearless in fitting the side seams. In fact, even though I said I wouldn't, I am going to take in the side seams of the last pair too. I cut this pair a size smaller and still ended up with 1.25 inch seam allowances on the sides!




Both this pair and the previous one are in a stretch denim. I took a little bit more off the back inseam and other than that, the only differnce is the fitting on the side seams. I admit I learned a lot from the Palmer/Pletsch pattern, but I wish I had started with this pattern in the first place. I think this is a great newbie pants pattern because the crotch depth/lenght is shorter ( like current style pants, not like Mom jeans), the waistband seams are at the sides, it has straight legs and it doesn't have pockets.

I'd still like to make a pair of regular denim jeans with an actual jeans pattern, but for now, I'd say my work here is done!

2 comments:

  1. Great pants - you have achieved a wonderful fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've achieved a great fit with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete