Friday, September 13, 2013

I shouldn't have to lift a finger...



when I'm wearing this gown. I certainly can't get near a stove wearing it. Hell, I can hardly walk in it. I need to lie down. Somebody should bring me a drink and a box of bonbons.

This lovely and impractical garment is the Decades of Style 1926 Negligee (#2601)

#2601 1926 Negligee

Its one of those projects that takes longer to cut out than to sew. I'm not quite five feet, so I did shorten it quite a bit. It's supposed to have ties on the back (that's that horizontal line on the back), but they end up in a very awkward place, so I took them off.  I finished all the edges with a narrow rolled hem on my serger. This was so easy to make I feel lazy wearing it!

  

8 comments:

  1. After all that canning, you deserve to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We've been enjoying the fruits of my labors.

      Delete
  2. It is just adorably lovely. What a sweet garment to hang out in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this one, too. I was looking for a caftan pattern, something I could wear around the house. Like you, I had to shorten it quite a bit. I did put the ties on, because I figured it provided some shape to the garment. After I finished it, I thought it looked okay, but definitely not very practical to get in and out of, or to hang around the house in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not very practical! I wear it in the evening, but have to take it off before going to bed-- I'm pretty sure it would strangle me.

      Delete
  4. It's great to see this made up I'm making this later on in the month - though as a lounge around my home outfit (not sleepwear).

    ReplyDelete