Sunday, November 10, 2013

An old friend

Like a lot of us, I "learned" to sew in junior high school. Then I hacked away at it for many years, finally becoming serious about it 15 years ago, then ultimately becoming obsessed in the last ten years.
This pattern (Indygo Juction One Button Swing Topper-IJ725) was one of the first patterns from early in that obsession period that I fell in love with.  I made it up quite a few times. I even made my sister a couple.
Likewise, these fabrics have been  in my stash for a long time too, so it only seemed fitting to trot out this old pattern to use with this fabric.







Its a cute jacket for mixing prints, but I do realize it doesn't really fit that well. It  needs an FBA to keep it from riding up and tenting out in front. A more drapey fabric helps too.
It's not perfect but it is fun.

4 comments:

  1. It is cute and those fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than having a little fun and taking a trip down memory lane. Looks like a great pattern and I'm loving the style and your fabric is gorgeous. Definitely a great little combination :)

    ReplyDelete