I made this top. Big whoop, huh?
But first I made 5 muslins. Really? Five muslins? Yes. I was experimenting with the bust darts, because I have a beautiful, precious piece of fabric I want to use for this and I want the pattern to be as perfect as it can be before I cut into my good fabric.
I'm pretty happy with the pattern now, although I think the neckline is a tiny bit too wide. I added a bust dart to the pattern which starts almost down at the hemline and I rotated the extra width created by the FBA from the princess area into that bust dart. You can see in the next photo how that keeps the top from tenting out in the front:
I cut bias strips and bound both the neckline and the sleeves. I did not cut the seam allowance off the neckline so you can imagine how wide it would be if I had.
The one made in the precious fabric is finished but I haven't taken photos yet because I have to get back into that sewing room right away!