Friday, August 15, 2014

The Big Skirt Project: Part 8


For version eight of my skirt, I added  angled princess seams.  

The fabric in the center is home dec. I'm  not sure where or when I acquired it, but I'm sure it was free. It was only 14 inches wide so I created this pattern to accommodate the narrow width. The gingham part is a bed sheet. One things about sheets--they do not wrinkle! I had been wearing this sitting in a car all day before I took these photos. 

You can see I very carefully matched the pattern in back. The zipper is in the center back. 


Two more to go!








4 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart. Shen you mentioned "sheet" memories came back. The first item I ever sewed was made from a white sheet! Stolen from my Mother's clothesline and stitched on her Mother's old Treadle machine if you can imagine. The rest is history. You have inspired me to take a turn at skirts again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a coupon for the thrift store and just stocked up on sheets. Five for $10. Much cheaper than muslin. I hope your mother didn't get too made at you!

      Delete
  2. You always look so cute anyway!! See you next week. Have you been pocketing??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an idea, but I haven't started yet. I might not get it done in time. I have drapes to make and I'll have to see how long they take. You know me: I can't start anything until the last project is done!

      Delete