Friday, January 15, 2016

2015 recap

It's January 14 and high time I finally did my 2015 year-end recap. I've been putting it off because, frankly, 2015 was not a good year for me. I spent way more time in the hospital or going to doctor appointments that I did in the sewing room. I spent a lot more time laying on the couch thinking about sewing and crafting than actually doing either. I did manage to make four cardigans, 10 blouses, a wall hanging, some whales, two pairs of pants, a dress sloper and a dress, three jackets, five skirts, a dressing gown for my daughter, pajama pants for my husband and 11 T-shirts. My favorite make was this orange top, ironically the last thing I made before I the terrible thing happened.



And of course, I love all my Textile Studio Santa Monica tees. That is my Pattern of the Year.

Looking ahead to 2016 I have a couple things finished that I need to photograph and post about yet.  What I would really like to do this year is combine my love for textiles with jewelry making.

I have had a pretty complete recovery from the stroke but still have issue with almost daily headaches. So whoever it is that had the little Katherine doll, please take the pin out of its head. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Katherine- Your grit & determination is admirable. You are an inspiration for all. I know 2016 will continue you on the road to recovery physically & mentally. I'm searching for the Katherine doll but can't find who has it!! But I think that pin is rusting & falling out...and better things are ahead.

    ReplyDelete